Monday, September 21, 2020

Mix media Book Cover

Hello everyone !

Today I have a mix media project that I made inspired by the September challenge at More Than Words - Book and Book Paper

I made a mix media project for my sister who is a fashion designer and runs her own boutique. She loves reading books though she is always surrounded by the fashion magazines and style books in her boutique. But her record book cover is plain and she was always willing to have an artistic look for her record book. So here I have given a try to make one.



My sister likes the vintage effect so I started with a cutting of brown paper bag for the base and layers of torn newspaper as I dont like to cut any of my books. On the newspaper I added little bit of colours and lots of stancelling with black ink on it. To relate it with her job I cut out a mannequin out of cardboard and covered it with newspaper again. I distressed the edges of both mannequin and background papers. 

Then I embillished it with crochet flowers, laces, buttons, paper flowers and a reel of black thread also. After googling for boutique quotes I liked this one very much and I copied it in same style writing it on black paper with white acrylic colour. I framed the quote with lace.

I added some sewing stitches also in the background while compiling everything together. I added a bow of old cloth and a  hanger on mannequin and black cords in background.


Here are more views of the final book cover 





I want to play along :









Thanks for stopping by. Have a crafty week ahead.
Hugs, Priyanka.




13 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! I love how you used the lace. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layers that you have created and lovely to see the sewing embellishments. Thank you so much for joining us in the More Thank Words challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I love the collage/ mixed media look. You achieved so many beautiful layers with great texture and embellishment. Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely revamp of the book cover. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge this time.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable book cover!!! Thank you for joining us at MTW!! xoxo Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the book and the colours are great. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words - Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice project thanks for joining with us at MTW challenge

    ReplyDelete