Monday, September 28, 2020

Words are Powerful - Card

Hello friends
These days I am getting time to do some craft only on weekends as exams are going on for my elder son and school projects for the younger one. So this weekend I created this inspirational steampunk card for Simon Says Monday Challenge.



The gears in the card depicts the process of words while the sentiment says to choose them wisely as the words have power to heal or to destroy.

To create the background of this card I used my Buncho poster colours as they were handy on my table for my son's project. I used Ocher Yellow and Prussian blue. For stamping the gears in the background I used the cap of one poster colour only which was just looking like gear.

For the popped gears I used blue cardstock and fussy cut the gears. I tried to bleach them few places to fade blue colour. After that I tinted again it with prussian blue used in background and distressed the edges with black colour.

I tried to add 'words in process' on gears with my mini alphabet rubber stamps. But they are not much visible. I splashed white acrylic colour on gears and adhere on card with foam tape to pop out.

For sentiment I stamped 'words' directly on background and 'are powerful' freehand on black cardstock with acrylic colour. Then added choose them wisely freehand with black pen. 

I completed the card by pasting it on black cardstock. Here is one more view of final card.

I enter my card in following challanges



( Black, Science, Blending)

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you like my card. Have a crafty week ahead. Hugs, Priyanka.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing details on your card - love it! Thanks for joining the #JOSTTT challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - your card is stunning - those gears really stand out and I love the wording - thanks for joining us at JOSTTT this month - hope to see you again next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cool design, Priyanka. You really have an eye for design. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talents with us. Please stop by again soon. I'd love to have you visit my blog sometime.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen for your appreciation. Will surely visit your blog soon.

      Delete