Sunday, August 30, 2020

Halloween Lanterns

Hello everyone,

This is the weekend craft by Viyaan. He wanted to try something other than card making. Luckily I had two empty jars of jam in my stash and I gave him to decorate it. He decided to make lanterns out of it which he saw in some YouTube video. Saumitra also joined him to do one lantern. Here are the lanterns:



He just explained me what he wants to do and I was there to give him the correct craft supply for it. I gave them some acrylic colours and the sponges to cover the bottle.
Viyaan did yellow colour on jar while Saumitra did blue colour. Viyaan wanted to have Batman on jar, but Saumitra chose moon and stars. I gave them black paper for Batman and Moon cutout. Saumitra punched out the star with star punch from my mini punches set. Viyaan tried to add little gold sparkle also on the jar...but he realised it wasnt a good idea and dropped the idea.They adhere the cutouts on jars
..and it's done. 

It was an easy and fun craft for kids. Here are some clicks of them

Actually there was no plan to make it on Halloween theme. It was random selection of images. But when I put the jars together and lit the light, first thing I could think of was Halloween. So now the lanterns are named as Halloween Lanterns. And kids are really happy with it that by chance it happened.

I want to enter their craft in 

Thanks for visiting, Luv Priyanka!

4 comments:

  1. I love these Halloween lanterns!! How fabulous are these!! Lovely pics too, so nice to see the kids crafting and having fun :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids did an awesome job with their lanterns! Thanks so much for sharing them with us for the Kids' Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete